Thursday, August 30, 2007

well so much for ol' Andrew trick cant seem to get it to work anymore, guess im prob growing up.. it was childish of me to think of tat as a solution to my prob.. guess i'm finally maturing or at least i hope so lol
interestingly enuff i have a fren who shared some stuff with me and some others recently, it was sort of like a testimony of sorts but then again it could have just been his feelings at the time.
In a nutshell the scary thing was that wat he was going thru was pretty much exactly what i had been going thru last yr. the whole partying aspect and drinking aspect was a part of my life back then and it was a norm for me ever so often. it seemed to be fun at the time but as time passed emptiness began to creep in.. heh after a while i just lived that lifestyle devoid of any purpose and was desperate to get out of it but i was kinda drawn in quite a bit cos most if not all my FY friends were doing it. As a result half of my income was spent on alcohol and other assorted vices; ps not drugs tats just wrong stuff .
but it was only after i got back home and spoke to my dad about it was i able to see past all the 'glamour' of it and realized that the emptiness i felt would never be satisfied by partying or alcohol, rathers it's my walk with God and the close christian friends which would see me through this stage of my life and alcohol will never be able to fill that void.
I mean its not easy for sure i have fallen once or twice back to it but thankfully with God's hand in my life, the road has been manageable and thanx to the awesome pple around me, i'm able to stay on course and live a more meaningful life.

No comments: